St. Joseph Health Administrative Assistant in Brea, California
Job Summary: Working under the direction of the Executive Director, this position provides administrative and clerical support to the Department. This position is responsible for assisting, coordinating and supporting the activities and responsibilities of the Executive Director. In addition, this position requires effective interaction with a wide variety of individuals on several different levels, including, but not limited to, Senior Executives and Physicians.
(The items indicated below are examples of typical assignments and responsibilities. Duties may vary depending on department.)
• Interacts with other St. Joseph Health (SJH) and St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) ministries, at all levels, on behalf of the [Area Practice Administrator/Director/VP].
• Maintains and coordinate the [Area Practice Administrator/Director/VP] (s) calendar including appointments and meetings. Coordinates each by establishing date, time and location and notifying all participants. Assists in establishing agendas and preparing presentations, for these meetings as necessary.
• Organizes, produces, transcribes and maintains correspondence in all forms including letters, memorandums, notes, minutes, reports, presentations, and graphics.
• Answers and screens telephone calls for the [Area Practice Administrator/Director/VP]; intervening when necessary by referring to appropriate person/department to best accomplish desirable outcomes.
• Reviews and responds appropriately to incoming internal/external mail daily.
• Establishes, maintains and revises record keeping filing system for all files related to the [Area Practice Administrator/Director/VP] position.
• Generates reports as required.
• Ensures working operation of equipment and may coordinate requests for service.
• May order supplies for Department
• May be responsible for travel arrangements for the Executive(s) supported.
• Financial Coordination: May initiate check requests for conference registrations, journal and association renewals; paperwork for expense reimbursement and mileage reimbursements.
• May be responsible for Payroll tracking for the team.
• May maintain conference room schedules.
• Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the position.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Requires 3 years experience as an Administrative Assistant in a health care setting.
Computer Skills: Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Outlook and internet navigation.
Other: Minimum-typing skill of 60 wpm and experience with office machines including fax and photocopier. Valid California Driver’s License for travel between SJHH locations.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Has the ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames by prioritizing activities as necessary to meet job responsibilities while maintaining required level of activity toward achieving goals without direct supervision. Minimizes work flow disruptions to complete high quality work within a specified time frame.
Has the capacity to be answerable for personal actions while avoiding placing unnecessary blame on others. Maintains personal commitment to objectives regardless of the success or failure of personal decisions and applies personal lessons learned from past failures to moving forward in achieving future successes
Has the ability to readily modify, respond to and integrate change with minimal personal resistance by adapting effectively to changing plans and priorities, demonstrating the capacity to handle multiple tasks at one time, dealing comfortable with ambiguity and adjusting preset plans as necessary with minimal resistance.
Has the ability to quickly recover from adversity while continuing toward goals in the face of difficulty and adversity. Handles criticism and rejection from others with objectivity while recovering quickly from personal setbacks and moving past unforeseen obstacles without unnecessary delay.
Has the ability to initiate and sustain momentum without external stimulation by initiating relevant activities toward achieving business goals, independently completing projects and produces desired results requiring little or no supervision to stay focused on necessary activities.
Demonstrates good administrative skills in maintaining confidentiality, displaying initiative and viewing responsibilities, job dimensions and objectives with a collaborative and a proactive mind set.
Possesses and uses good written and oral communication skills.
Thorough understanding of secretarial functions including organizational skills and a proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio.
Thorough understanding of general office functions i.e., computing, faxing, copying and answering phones.
Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Associates Degree or higher education preferred.
Experience: 5 years previous health care administrative assistant experience, including 3 years of higher level secretarial support and/or equivalent in business courses and office. In addition, payroll knowledge is strongly preferred.
Computer Skills: Access, Adobe Acrobat, Publisher and IDX experience a plus.
Other: Dictation/Transcription skills highly preferred. Medical Terminology knowledge highly desirable.
This job code does not have a prepopulated job description. You must manually add the job description to this requisition in order to post.
Company: Heritage Healthcare